Join us tonight for another new episode of Chapter Connect, this time with our Poland Chapter! We’ll introduce you to Mariusz Ziółkowski FI’02, Chair of the Poland Chapter, in conversation with V.P. of Chapters Tim Radke MN’13.
Featuring special guests –
• Monika Rogozińska MED’93 – How the Chapter was born
• Marcin Jamkowski FI’05 – The deepest underwater cave – Hranicka Propast in Czech Republic
• Tomasz Stachura FI’13 – Wreck of Karlsruhe in the Baltic Sea
• Benedykt Hac FI’15 – Stuttgart: The most dangerous wreck in the south Baltic Sea
• Hubert Kowalski FI’17 – Underwater rescue of artifacts from the Swedish occupation of Poland in the 17th century
• Tomasz Grzywaczewski FI’14 – The Death Road across Siberia
• Andrzej Ciszewski FI’99 – Cave Explorations in China
• Mateusz Waligóra FI’20 – Solo unsupported Gobi desert crossing on foot and Vistula River walk
• Maciej Klósak FI’19 – In Szolc-Rogiński’s footsteps in Cameroon
• Anna Urbańska FI’14 & Jakub Urbański FI’14 – Cannibals of Papua New Guinea
• Andrzej Piętowski FI’09 – First kayak expedition down the Colca Canyon, Peru
To watch the stream, simply visit our homepage at explorers.org, our YouTube channel, or live on our Facebook page – Thursday, January 21 at 3:00 pm ET (21:00 in Poland)
Mariusz Ziółkowski FI’02 – Poland Chapter Chair
Mariusz Ziółkowski FI’02 is a Professor of Archaeology of the Americas at the University of Warsaw, Poland. He is also the Director of the Center for Andean Studies of the University of Warsaw in Cusco, and Extraordinary Professor at the Universidad Católica Santa María de Arequipa, Peru.
Ziółkowski specializes in Inca archaeology and ethnohistory, absolute dating techniques, archaeoastronomy, and has taken part in archaeological work in Poland, Iraq, Peru, Ecuador, and Bolivia. He was decorated with the Order of Merit, in the rank of Officer, by the Government of the Republic of Peru in 1998.
He is the author of several books, including – “Pachap unancha. The Metropolitan Calendar of the Inca State” (Ediciones El Lector, Arequipa 2015) & “Myths, rituals and politics of the Incas” (with Jan Szemiński – Ediciones El Lector, Arequipa 2018).